Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Beauty and the Beast

I'm a huge sucker for romantic musicals. There, I said it. And one of the first live Broadway musicals I ever saw was Beauty and the Beast, so I have a particular soft spot in my heart for it.

Naturally, when the touring production came to Seattle, seeing it was sort of a moral imperative.

Yay!

Convincing Miss V and Captain Midnight to come along wasn't very difficult.

I mean, it's the Paramount! It's beautiful inside, even before the show starts.

On the way in, I heard another theatergoer refer to it as "the palace." And it really is.

Here's the proscenium arch.

No, there will not be pictures from the actual production, because I take the whole "no flash photography" thing pretty seriously. But I'm not above linking to my favorite song from this musical, sung by my favorite Beast, Terrence Mann:

Oh my poor heart.

No comments: