Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Bullet Journal! *pew pew*

I
know it will shock to pieces anyone who has ever seen the state of my computer desk, but I have a little trouble getting organized. To date my attempts at organization include memorizing my to-do lists (*BZZZT* WRONG!), writing them down on small pieces of paper (and promptly losing them), looking askance at Franklin Planners and the like (no Franklin, mon, reggae for I!), and steadfastly refusing to get a mobile device. I need something highly configurable to my own needs, something small enough to be portable and big enough not to get lost, something that will still work when the power goes out, something that doesn't have to rely on my own very ephemeral short-term memory.

I think I've found it.


Costs as much (or as little) as you choose, highly customizable, keeps track of all the bits and pieces of everyday errands, even has space for doodling and scribing down story ideas. And it doesn't plug into anything or have a battery life. Thank you, Ryder Carroll!

I've only been using my particular cheapie bullet journal (a quad-rule paper composition book) for a few days, but I'm liking it a lot. And I am successfully Getting Stuff Done, which is a huge boost.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing this, I think the Bullet Journal system is just what I need too! I'm tired of my endless to-do lists and notes being all over the place: on post-it notes, index cards, notebooks, scraps of paper, even in note apps on my phone and tablet.

None of the above has worked. I started using the Bullet Journal system yesterday and have been really getting into the swing of it today.

I can see that this just might be the perfect solution to the "to-do" clutter that I haven't been able to keep organized before.

Thanks, Soozcat! ;)
-Rachel

Soozcat said...

I can't take credit for the idea, Rachel, but you're very welcome. :)